Sick/Aging Betta **UPDATE**

EvesFishJourney

Thank you to everyone who left a comment on my previous post about my sick betta, Floyd! I went to my LFS and purchased some almond leaves as recommended by @Coluand @Kurt Brutting, API erythromycin, and Seachem Stress Guard. Floyd is in his own quarantine tank, with a small heater and lots of nice places for him to hide, as well as an air stone to oxygenate the water. Today will be his second dose of erythromycin and stress guard, and when I came to check on him this morning, he was way more colorful and lively, and zoomed right up to the front of the tank, so I would say he was just suffering from a bad case of fin rot, and the medicine is helping him feel better almost right away! He also seems to love his almond leaf, so I’ll definitely be adding small ones to his home tank once his treatment is complete. 🙂

C968FA21-A2A8-4B85-AE45-1A18301751D6.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, Kurt Brutting said:

That’s awesome news! Congrats! Good luck to the little guy, keep us posted. 
I love those Indian Almond Leaves I swear by them. 

Thank you so much for the advice! Floyd made a full recovery and I’ve had him back in his home tank for about a week and a half now, and he’s continuing to do great! I added two small almond leaves to his tank and he loves them! One floated down to the tank floor and he doesn’t seem interested in that one, but one of them has just continued to float on the surface, and he likes to push it around or float directly beneath it 🙂 

• Like 3