Fish Room Fun

CJs Aquatics

Hey all, so I watch a lot of fish room tours among other things and tend to notice everyone has something that makes there fish room special or unique. Sometimes it’s a piece of equipment, an idea, an innovation, sometimes it’s something much more subtle. Regardless that’s part of the fun of watching, I’ve picked up a few ideas I incorporated from them myself. It’s kind of like passing down the family recipe in a sense, everyone does something cool/ different/ efficient/ special etc. I thought it might be fun to share some of these with each other, what makes your fish room unique? 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:07 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

Hey all, so I watch a lot of fish room tours among other things and tend to notice everyone has something that makes there fish room special or unique. Sometimes it’s a piece of equipment, an idea, an innovation, sometimes it’s something much more subtle. Regardless that’s part of the fun of watching, I’ve picked up a few ideas I incorporated from them myself. It’s kind of like passing down the family recipe in a sense, everyone does something cool/ different/ efficient/ special etc. I thought it might be fun to share some of these with each other, what makes your fish room unique? 

I think @tolstoy21 is building his own, but it would be cool if @Cory or @Dean’s Fishroom commented!

• Love 1

On 11/16/2022 at 4:07 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

Not really a “fish room” per-say but my tank keeps my room warm (not fun when it’s 100f outside!)

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 7:39 AM, Aiden Carter said:

I hate those! They just look so weird! 

I learned this past year that they are attracted to humidity and moisture.  Problem solved with a dehumidifier and some glue traps made specifically for crickets.

I thought I had maybe a few dozen of them. After a couple days with the glue traps out I discovered there were HUNDREDS!

RIP camel crickets. 

Also, oscars regard them as tasty treats, but they are a bit hard to catch (for me at least, not the oscars)!

On 11/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, tolstoy21 said:

I learned this past year that they are attracted to humidity and moisture.  Problem solved with a dehumidifier and some glue traps made specifically for crickets.

I thought I had maybe a few dozen of them. After a couple days with the glue traps out I discovered there were HUNDREDS!

RIP camel crickets. 

Also, oscars regard them as tasty treats, but they are a bit hard to catch (for me at least, not the oscars)!

I was going to say any larger fish would love them! And if you had any reptiles you wouldn’t need to buy crickets!

On 11/16/2022 at 7:35 AM, tolstoy21 said:

What makes it unique? Um . . . . an infestation of camel crickets?

Learning something new every day.  I've never encountered a Camel/Cave/Spider cricket any where except inside an actual cave.  I guess we can both be glad that they don't chirp.