API GH and KH testing liquid

Sultrysamurai

Hello, I am using the API GH and KH test kit with dropper and vials. 
when testing the GH I get a very faint color ch age after 3 drops. My question is do I go for a complete color change to green for my level or the level is the very faint color change to a hint of greenish?

The KH changes rather easily not the GH though.

Thanks!

On 11/15/2022 at 9:12 PM, Sultrysamurai said:

That’s the thing, the faint color stays faint until about 9 drops then it’s a noticeable change Vs the very slight change at 3 drops.
it’s so confusing. 

Hmmm now that I'm not sure about. That it would take that many more drops to get there. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, Marcelo said:

Hi,

Only making sure … are you putting one drop, closing the tube, shaking, opening, putting another drop, closing, shaking … etc ?

Just asking because one could think you dont need to close,shake, open again ,,,

Yes that is how I always do it. One drop close lid invert a few times and repeat.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, Marcelo said:

Hi,

Only making sure … are you putting one drop, closing the tube, shaking, opening, putting another drop, closing, shaking … etc ?

Just asking because one could think you dont need to close,shake, open again ,,,

Yes, that is exactly how I’ve been doing it close and shake close and shake. 

On 11/16/2022 at 4:10 AM, Pepere said:

at low GH it can be hard to determine color.  Looking down the hole of the tube with the tube over a white background and in good lighting helps.

Thank you, I will try this!