Reintroducing fish to main tank

BettaBabe94

I’ve had my Cory catfish in a hospital tank for a week now. They went through a maracyn treatment and seem to be doing better. Does all of the medicine have to be out of the hospital tank water before I can reintroduce them to my main tank? 
I did a 30% water change earlier today 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:41 AM, BettaBabe94 said:

I’ve had my Cory catfish in a hospital tank for a week now. They went through a maracyn treatment and seem to be doing better. Does all of the medicine have to be out of the hospital tank water before I can reintroduce them to my main tank? 

I would gradually change out the Maracyn until you feel like it’s safe for them. Alternatively meds don’t harm fish, so why wait 🤷‍♂️?

On 11/13/2022 at 4:41 AM, BettaBabe94 said:

You won’t transfer much medicine back to your main tank just Fromm catching them out, unless you’re planning to pour some of the water back in (not recommended).

I would say give them a little longer they may not be showing visible signs of infection but there may still be some left which could come back once reintroduced.