Shipped in Pleco Eggs for Hatching

Fish Folk

I’m so excited things are going great. My first batch of these I allowed to stay in Mom n Dads tank I thought I had lost most of them until I moved an almond leaf. It startled me to find them all under the leaves. 
As soon as the yolk absorbed I introduce boiled kale and they begin hanging on it. They dislike light for a week or two.  After they actually take the shape of a mini bn pleco I introduce veggies. They usually find blanched green beans first. I open them so meat is exposed and remove the seeds. (I lost 1 that looked as if it swallowed a seed that got stuck so I’m paranoid now) Laying it under the almond leaves they begin eating much sooner than if I lay it in the open. 
Im partial but to me there is nothing as cute as baby lemons and their big eyes staring right at you 🥰

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:53 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Feeling French now, are we Monsieur??😜.

Would you say shipping eggs has been a success? Seems so!

I guess so! My field of study was music, so a few French and Italian words bounce around in my head all the time.

Yes! Definitely a success!

On 11/20/2022 at 6:16 AM, Fish Folk said:

I guess so! My field of study was music, so a few French and Italian words bounce around in my head all the time.

Yes! Definitely a success!

No kidding, what instrument(s)? Flute & baritone horn here. Dabbled in electric guitar for awhile. Was fun but more interested in wind/brass. Went back to college recently for another degree, took a semester of concert band for a voluntary elective, just for ol times sake.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/20/2022 at 6:24 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

No kidding, what instrument(s)? Flute & baritone horn here. Dabbled in electric guitar for awhile. Was fun but more interested in wind/brass. Went back to college recently for another degree, took a semester of concert band for a voluntary elective, just for ol times sake.

My proficiency is in piano. I also play guitar and bass. My studies were in music theory & composition. I taught music and fine arts in a small private college for about ten years. Loved it!

• Like 4

On 11/20/2022 at 6:28 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Are we going to be seeing any Rockstar snails 🐌 soon?? Amethyst would look good in a leather jacket and Kratos is already half way there😂

Kratos is already geared up and ready for the jam session.

64903A43-7EEF-4361-95A7-22CCD3C720DA.jpeg.94710ad0ba02c910e73b88cb34fe8f8a.jpeg

DF3D31CD-9D2F-4267-993E-59DF4FC9266A.jpeg.e10d7cd3df8b0209d0c25897faeb6c7b.jpeg

He’s in there practicing riffs for Aqualung.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:47 AM, Fish Folk said:

My proficiency is in piano. I also play guitar and bass. My studies were in music theory & composition. I taught music and fine arts in a small private college for about ten years. Loved it!

Awesome. Piano is tricky! 2 clefs at once. Whoa!  You have to disconnect your brain somehow to do it, I think.  I looked at the music once, placed my hands on the keys, and then LOL NOPE! (and ran away) 🤣

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

That’s amazing. 40+ is a lot. More than I was expecting. How 🤩 awesome. After the holidays I’m going to start shipping these and contacting anyone who was interested in the egg clutches to prearrange things since they hatch at the three day mark. I can’t thank you enough for all your effort to help me test this. I’m thrilled you have a large healthy starting group to reward all you have done. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 12:46 AM, Guppysnail said:

That’s amazing. 40+ is a lot. More than I was expecting. How 🤩 awesome. After the holidays I’m going to start shipping these and contacting anyone who was interested in the egg clutches to prearrange things since they hatch at the three day mark. I can’t thank you enough for all your effort to help me test this. I’m thrilled you have a large healthy starting group to reward all you have done. 🤗

Could actually be a decent business idea : hatch your own plecos!

• Like 3