Where can you even get blackworms?

Schuyler

On 11/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, Schuyler said:

I've read that they are great for conditioning fish to breed but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

My LFS doesn't have them, no way chain stores do, AquaBid has nothing, and even Amazon/Etsy only come up with grindel worms.

Where do people normally get them to start a culture?

I remember @Cory did a vid on him feeding a pound of black worms to a bunch of tiger barbs; maybe he still has a source?

On 11/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, Schuyler said:

I've read that they are great for conditioning fish to breed but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

My LFS doesn't have them, no way chain stores do, AquaBid has nothing, and even Amazon/Etsy only come up with grindel worms.

Where do people normally get them to start a culture?

they are very hard to find, i got mine from my lfs, although I did find a store online selling 1 tablespoon for $3, only problem the shipping was $100

• Like 1

Thanks. I had some people PM me stores nearby that they had found them at. I never realized there were so many fish stores in the area.

Is it still a LFS if you're driving an hour to get there?

I guess the moral of the story is they are rare and you may have to go to quite a few stores before you find one that actually had some. Then there's the question of if they are in stock...

• Haha 1