Seachem Equilibrium

Leo2o915

I would honestly just do a lot of experimentation on your own to figure out what works to get your desired parameters. It's a tricky thing to figure out, particularly balancing alkaline buffer and acid buffer. No guides ever worked for me so i just do what I found to be good and consistent enough! Wish I could be more helpful than that, but its probably best if you fire it out. I'd have to double check but I think for about 5 gallons of water I use a teaspoon of equilibrium, a quarter teaspoon of alkaline buffer and an eighth teaspoon of acid buffer. This usually results in TDS around 230 i think? Tough even this mixture is a little much on the gh side of things according to aquarium coop hardness strips. 

Edited by Gannon
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 7:23 AM, Gannon said:

I would honestly just do a lot of experimentation on your own to figure out what works to get your desired parameters. It's a tricky thing to figure out, particularly balancing alkaline buffer and acid buffer. No guides ever worked for me so i just do what I found to be good and consistent enough! Wish I could be more helpful than that, but its probably best if you fire it out. I'd have to double check but I think for about 5 gallons of water I use a teaspoon of equilibrium, a quarter teaspoon of alkaline buffer and an eighth teaspoon of acid buffer. This usually results in TDS around 230 i think? Tough even this mixture is a little much on the gh side of things according to aquarium coop hardness strips. 

Thanks think I will stick with the salty shrimps buffers it seems easier 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, Leo2o915 said:

Thanks think I will stick with the salty shrimps buffers it seems easier 

I had a similar experience and decided to stick with Salty Shrimp as well. Brightwell has a couple liquid options that might be worth a consideration.