Fungus and possible external parasite

bettaballistic

pH. 7.6

Nitrates. ~5

Hardness. City water report says we have relatively soft water 

Nitrite. 0

Ammonia. 0

Water Temperature. 73

I got 2 goldfish from petco 2 days ago, one fantail and one oranda. The oranda has a white fuzzy growth on the front of his dorsal fin. It comes off fairly easily but grows back. The oranda also frequently rubs himself against the glass but only by the filter so maybe he's just playing in the current? I'm sure that's just wishful thinking. The fantail maybe rubs himself on the rocks but he could just be trying to get food fron under them. With him it's honestly hard to tell. 

I have paracleanse, and I was thinking about using that for a possible external parasites. But I'm wondering if I can use that with maracyn oxy? because I definitely think my oranda has a fungal infection. I might just use salt instead, I can't decide. The only medications that I have access to today is maracyn oxy, paracleanse, regular maracyn, and salt. Anything else will take 2-3 days to get here. Any advice welcome!

20221107_073847.jpg

20221107_073953.jpg

On 11/7/2022 at 9:18 AM, Colu said:

If you don't have live plants you can treat with Aquarium salt 1 table for 2 gallons and maracyn that an effective treatment for fungal infection's and will cover against any possible secondary bacteria  infection @bettaballistic

That's a good move. The salt will most likely work for external parasites aswell right? Based on the other fish in the store I'm thinking flukes.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, bettaballistic said:

salt will most likely work for external parasites aswell right?

Salt Will treat ich in a higher  amount with Gill flukes salt suppresses flukes but doesn't kill them it require a larger dose 5 table spoon for 1 gallon I wouldn't recommend using that level with your fish 

Edited by Colu
Typo ment 5 table spoons for 1 gallon

On 11/7/2022 at 5:32 PM, Colu said:

Salt Will treat ich in a high another amount with Gill flukes salt suppresses flukes but doesn't kill them it require a larger dose 1 table spoon for 5 gallon I wouldn't recommend using that level with your fish 

I ended up finding ich X so I'm using the aquarium co op method of treating fungal infections. If they are still itchy after that I'll use paracleanse