New magenta mystery snail clutch.

TeeJay

How about we have a little high tea with TeeJay on this Christmas dayย 

When I turned on the tank light for the 2.5 snail tank I found 10 more sails cruising the glass so I got my measuring teaspoon and scooped them out of the tank and moved them over to the tote tank to be with the other 42 brothers and sisters. ๐Ÿค— So we have a total of 52 in the tote as of today. So included is a small photo dump for your Christmas day!

IMG_20221225_091206468.jpg

IMG_20221225_091726650.jpg

IMG_20221225_092438965.jpg

IMG_20221225_092459938.jpg

IMG_20221225_092506873.jpg

IMG_20221225_092607423.jpg

IMG_20221225_092618758.jpg

IMG_20221225_092645282.jpg

IMG_20221225_093439034.jpg

IMG_20221225_093456152.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So this post still kind of goes in this thread but not lol. Today I got some gravel and cc substrate into the 2.5 tank now that all the snails are in the tote tank except for 5 that are lest in hereย 

I sucked out all the gunk in the bottom and mixed the bad of cc that was in the corner with the gravel for a nice substrate. The plan is to make this a small shrimp tank for my daughter's. I think it will turn out well for them.

IMG_20230101_125544070.jpg

IMG_20230101_131416718.jpg

• Like 1

Over the past couple of nights I have had more pickups for the magenta crew. So far I have found homes for 40 out of 60 babies that's have grown strong over the past 6 weeks or so.ย 

I still have 5 of them in the 2.5 gal. They are the "runts" of the litter. I will be keeping those I believe Hannah wants to keep them around. So that leaves about 15 left to find homes forย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 1:22 PM, BAT said:

@TeeJaywhats the band app?

It's call band you can find it in the Google store. Different groups use it for different things you can search for groups related to your topics and join there bands. Then you can list in there bands for things you need or sell and suchย 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Itโ€™s not really groups. Itโ€™s just a neighborhood app where you can post a message to your immediate community, and you can also select if you want to include the surrounding communities. There is a for sale & free section, and that is where I posted.

Gotcha I'll check it out and see how it goesย 

• Like 1

So 10 of the last 20 mystery snails just went to there forever home. The last 10 will be picked up at 330 today and this adventure will come to an end.....but the person that just took the first set brought me a 20 tall tank for the next adventure.....lemon pleco breeding. I have to say I'm very glad I went through with it and hatched the second clutch after the first one did not fair so well. But the next adventure is a out to begin around spring time. And don't worry I kept the 5 runts of the litter for myself and my girls.

IMG_20230118_142305456.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, TeeJay said:

So 10 of the last 20 mystery snails just went to there forever home. The last 10 will be picked up at 330 today and this adventure will come to an end.....but the person that just took the first set brought me a 20 tall tank for the next adventure.....lemon pleco breeding. I have to say I'm very glad I went through with it and hatched the second clutch after the first one did not fair so well. But the next adventure is a out to begin around spring time. And don't worry I kept the 5 runts of the litter for myself and my girls.

IMG_20230118_142305456.jpg

Whew - at first I was worried you forgot to keep some.ย  LOLย  ย The runts are so cute, right?ย  My runt Goliath is actually growing really good now!ย  It took him a long time, but yep!ย  He's about marble sized now, cruisin all around!ย  (He always was active; just little). I still have that one "snail that is a mystery, but not a mystery snail" Nibbles, that came in on the plant.ย  That was back when I was salt dipping plants; before the RR thread went up.ย  And he hung onto the plant and survived the salt dip.ย  Still his little peppercorn self, but that doesn't stop him.ย  I love that you got a tank out of the deal.ย  Woo hoo!

On 1/18/2023 at 3:09 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Whew - at first I was worried you forgot to keep some.ย  LOLย  ย The runts are so cute, right?ย  My runt Goliath is actually growing really good now!ย  It took him a long time, but yep!ย  He's about marble sized now, cruisin all around!ย  (He always was active; just little). I still have that one "snail that is a mystery, but not a mystery snail" Nibbles, that came in on the plant.ย  That was back when I was salt dipping plants; before the RR thread went up.ย  And he hung onto the plant and survived the salt dip.ย  Still his little peppercorn self, but that doesn't stop him.ย  I love that you got a tank out of the deal.ย  Woo hoo!

Oh no I had to keep a few. Couldn't go thru all that work and not keep some ๐Ÿ˜†

• Love 1