How much Fertilizer Easy Green ?

Hi Everyone,

I am having some issues with algae so I am revising everything and I have a question related with fertilizer:

40 gal breeder, nitrate 20, KH 89 ppm, GH 60 ppm, 7 hours of light and injected CO2 with pH dropping about 0,6 points (I know it should drop 1 point but ….)

Here you have a picture of my tank so you can see the quantity if plants I have.

how many drops of Easy Green do you recommend per day ?

THANK you VERY Much 

FE2F1A8D-AFA5-41F7-91CA-CF4E43E59765.jpeg

• Like 2

The label recommends 2ml/10gal per week for med to high light. That’s a good place to start, and then you can adjust the amount based on the level of Nitrates in the tank and the condition of your plants. 
Beautiful tank! 

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed! That tank looks pretty awesome.  If it's a new setup, I would lean towards a light dose, make sure you see growth, and then add more if you need to.  The reason being that if the plants are new, then you might have a ~1-2 week delay on growth while they adjust to the tank.

Whatever you determine your "normal dose" to be, let's say it's 4 pumps, split that to one dose at the beginning and then one dose 4 days later. (2 pumps each time).

Hopefully that helps!

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Love 1

On 11/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Patrick_G said:

The label recommends 2ml/10gal per week for med to high light. That’s a good place to start, and then you can adjust the amount based on the level of Nitrates in the tank and the condition of your plants. 
Beautiful tank! 

Hi Paul, based on the level of nitrates means keep it at about the  20 level right ?