Python Water Change system

CJs Aquatics

Hey all, not my most proud question to ask, but will someone please take a picture of how their Python water change system connects to a hook and perhaps another one of how it connects to a gravel vac, mine seems to have came apart and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to put it back together, it’s like rocket science to me, bunch of “black screwy things” “green cuppy things” and black funnels of different sizes that I don’t know how to attach what to what… (in all honesty the funny names was just to laugh at but the question is real… please help) 🙃

On 11/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

So I watched this and am embarrassed to say I still don’t quite understand… am I missing something here? I have one tube attached to a pump and I want the other let’s say attached to the vac in the pic or the hook not in the pic, what goes where?0D948097-A264-4030-8D3B-D95E07009273.jpeg.d01e63bbe1604ddc5ece63ec1efe8fa2.jpeg

i got mine fully assembled 

lay it out how you want it, take the hose slide one of the black collars over the hose, slide it back a bit, then take one of the barbed fittings and push that into the hose. now take the collar you already slid on , and slip it up to the barbed fitting you just pushed in, and thread the 2 together. that just completed 1 fitting. once you get 1, its not hard you'll figure it out. id google up some more videos as its much harder to describe than to do.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 4:38 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Thanks everyone I’m determined to get this thing put back together tomorrow I would now if it weren’t for work lol

I've got one I can take apart and so on and take photos or video for you. Just let me know.

The bottom most piece looks like it goes to the actual faucet side (the cone looking piece) and that is what usually comes loose and causes leaks and stuff. The piece with the white valve is usually on the end with the siphon tube by the tank. The center black pieces are your host connections.

Purple = the hose connection pieces

Circled piece labelled "3" is one of your hose fittings (barb style end)

The other black piece also has a barb style fitting.

0D948097-A264-4030-8D3B-D95E07009273.jpeg.d01e63bbe1604ddc5ece63ec1efe8fa2_1.jpg.c9f2605fdd6ea18f6e307c19feb252ff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@nabokovfan87 ok, I’m kinda of understanding based on your awesome description how things work, but I’m wondering if I’m missing a piece somewhere. I have one end of hose attached to a pump, that’s done, other end of hose has one of the purple things on it, that’s done I have the other purple thing attached to a gravel vac with the piece with the white valve on it to adjust suction, but how do I link the 2 together which piece is that? I can’t see anything that the piece with the white valve attaches too?

On 11/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Basically any way I try it I don’t see where the green and white piece with the lever that controls flow fits into this build, I could be doing something wrong but nothing  seems to connect to it or it to the other pieces 

that goes in the middle of the hose it is a flow rate controller 

WIN_20221105_14_57_54_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

I can’t see anything that the piece with the white valve attaches too?

It should attack to the actual siphon itself (the part that goes into the tank) and it comes with something like 3-5 feet of tubing that attaches to the cutoff part. When you're working on the tank, the white shutoff is essentially in one of your hands to cut the flow when filling the tank.

let me grab some photos for ya

Gotta love it when the phone can't decide to not blur a photo. 

Faucet Side:
20221105_144227.jpg.6e8ec27064ff4ee41230f268ef4b8138.jpg20221105_144243.jpg.3fe04ac51fec72f44e0f41f7d3ee5af4.jpg

Siphon side:

20221105_144324.jpg.74fa2483549bc581903b0d3420eb5f54.jpg20221105_144333.jpg.4607e45f56a6fcf57778f21a08abf091.jpg

Looks like each attachment has:

A.  Black hose fitting (black fittings with hose threads on one end)
B.  Hose barb fitting (black barb type fittings)
C.  Hose clamp fitting (green rings that go on tube to clamp down on B)

So you have one extra "b" piece from the photo above that might need to go somewhere.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Thank you so much, I think I’m missing that piece which would explain why things aren’t coming together 3-4 days later 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

I think it's there, it just had a barb on it?  Is that barb all one piece or can the barb section be rotated off?  It has a hexagon shape which makes me think it can be removed.

Those two barb black fittings look like they go elsewhere? (for something else)