Algae eaters

Stan Z

Just a comment. I have a Chinese algae eater which had to be put in a separate tank because he was too aggressive toward the other fish. He did a great job with algae though. By comparison, my oto’s are slugs! I have three in my 20 gallon and they seem to spend a lot of time resting on my Amazon Swords. Cracks me up. I’d like them to have half the energy the Chinese guy has!

On 11/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, Stan Z said:

Just a comment. I have a Chinese algae eater which had to be put in a separate tank because he was too aggressive toward the other fish. He did a great job with algae though. By comparison, my oto’s are slugs! I have three in my 20 gallon and they seem to spend a lot of time resting on my Amazon Swords. Cracks me up. I’d like them to have half the energy the Chinese guy has!

I have found that 1 CAE = 3 Siamese algae eaters work if that helps! 

CAE are none to be territorial when they get bigger you would be better putting him in a tank with cichlids or other fish that can hold there own I wouldn't add any more bottom dewelling fish it will more than likely cause more territorial disputes  unless your getting a larger tank