What’s a good gravel/stone vacuum 🤔

PeaCe

Wondering what everyone uses 🤔 looking for a good vacuum for gravel/ stone.I am new to this and willing invest in something good. Just don’t want to throw money out the window on junk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ✌️

8C40F3B0-F59A-45C0-A6D2-FD935F3CB538.jpeg

• Like 1

Because of the scape of the tank the top fin ones tend to be pretty narrow and might work for this tank.  I prefer the python ones, but I do have one of those around for tight spaces.  Honestly, you might have the best luck just getting some 3/8" vinyl tube and going that route to clean the gravel in some of those smaller spaces.

I’ve used Lees, Python and a generic one off amazon. I agree with Cory that they all pretty much do the same work. In my experience, though the hose that comes with the Python is really great. It’s very flexible, but I’ve never had it kink. For some reason with other brands they eventually kink somewhere and continue to do so at the same spots. I tried a thicker hose from Home Depot that didn’t kink, but they aren’t very flexible. I’m not sure if that is worth the extra cost to Python for some people.

• Like 1

I've used the Python, Lee's and Aqueon ones and I would say hands down, the python one is the best, the tubing they use is nice and flexible, doesn't kink. You used to be able to buy just the tubing and I bought a long piece like 50 foot or something so that I could reach a tank I had in a bedroom upstairs so I wouldn't have to do the bucket method for water changes

• Like 1

I ♥️ Pythons!  Only thing is, it might be too strong for your application. For my smaller tanks (20 and under) I use any brand hand held version so I don't accidently remove substrate or fish (YIKES).

PS : Beautiful planted tank BTW! I recognize that piece of driftwood and I like how you've got live plants growing all over it! 

Edited by Cyndi
  • Like 1