ive gotten a death..

SC Fish

this really sucks, even after starting to treat the tank, the first death has happened.

this was a fancy guppy i have had for around 1 week and 2 days.. 

looks like dropsy, its anal gland has blood so im assuming it was a congestion / digestion issue. his belly is definitely bloated so i am also thinking dropsy has a say in this.

this fish also had ever a very bad tear in its dorsal fin or finrot, which the tank is being treated for . (may i add the tank is also under a bit fo an attack of fungus.) image.jpeg.2cba928c01de72c0fff775abae2fc8c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.2c6142cb6e24c041a22c657d434f3333.jpeg

what would anyone suggest i can do to prevent this happening again?  im getting the water tested very soon (sometime today or tommorow) 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:41 AM, SC Fish said:

this really sucks, even after starting to treat the tank, the first death has happened.

this was a fancy guppy i have had for around 1 week and 2 days.. 

looks like dropsy, its anal gland has blood so im assuming it was a congestion / digestion issue. his belly is definitely bloated so i am also thinking dropsy has a say in this.

this fish also had ever a very bad tear in its dorsal fin or finrot, which the tank is being treated for . (may i add the tank is also under a bit fo an attack of fungus.) image.jpeg.2cba928c01de72c0fff775abae2fc8c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.2c6142cb6e24c041a22c657d434f3333.jpeg

what would anyone suggest i can do to prevent this happening again?  im getting the water tested very soon (sometime today or tommorow) 

I try to feed mine as diverse a diet as I can, and throw out any flake food that has been around for 1 year +. Maybe that could help? A lot of forum members recommend Kanaplex

i feed the whole tank temperate flakes that i have fed my 20 gallon for 1 year and 8 months, i do need to get some fresh ones but the last pack i got didnt last because it was small lol, but they seem to like this food.

and then i feed the guppys a few tropical pellets too , just a bit for some more nutrients.

On 11/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, SC Fish said:

i feed the whole tank temperate flakes that i have fed my 20 gallon for 1 year and 8 months, i do need to get some fresh ones but the last pack i got didnt last because it was small lol, but they seem to like this food.

and then i feed the guppys a few tropical pellets too , just a bit for some more nutrients.

Ever tried BBS?