Aquarium symbiote...?

Recently I saw that there is this translucent white...thing, growing on my dwarf grass.  The best way I can describe it is it looks clear with tiny white dots.  The weird thing about it though is when the thing itself or the blade of grass it is on is touched, it quickly shrinks up around the grass, then after being disturbed it returns to normal size within seconds.  I haven't been able to grab it off the plant because if how small it shrinks, but overnight some of it grew between two blades, so I am going to try and grab it when I get a chance.  My blue shrimp also seems to be on his death bed.  He is on his side and lethargic, but still moving.  I moved him to quarantine, but I have a gut feeling that him not doing well is caused by this thing.  Nothing new has been introduced to the tank lately, so I have no idea where it could have come from.  It has started getting on the wall and one of my little pest snails bumped into it, then turned away from it.  I am going to do a water change asap and pull the dwarf grass out till then.  If anyone knows what this is please let me know!