75 Gallon New Start

ccurtis

12/31/2022

Last update of the year. 

I've added some more crypts, anubias, and pogo-octopus. Also re-arranged the small driftwood pieces I had in the front of the tank. I have added some more large rocks, which have provided some more line of sight breaks and hides. A coconut hut was also added and one of the other small decorations taken out.  

The fish all still seem to be doing very well. I still don't seem to be having any aggression issues other than when another fish gets near the apisto cave that the pair of apistos have claimed. The female has been very protective of the cave as of recent and staying in there quite a bit. I haven't looked, but it would not surprise me if she has laid eggs in there. 

The bolivian rams are growing, and beginning to get their red in their fins. The gardneri killifish are coloring up and growing as well. 

I'd like them to grow a little faster so I think I am going to increase the feedings. Currently I am feeding once per day. But I am considering possibly moving to twice per day to try to increase growth rate some. Overall everything seems to be going well with the tank and fish all seem to be healthy and happy. 

A pic is attached to show what it looks like as of today. 

IMG_3217.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2