what would you recommend. lighting question

Papagoomba

Ok so i have a 55 gallon. Its one of those kits you can buy. I have had it for awhile and plan on keeping it. I also have 3 29 gallon tanks, 4 10 gallon, and one 5 gallon tank so not going to downgrade from the 55 in the future. The 55 is the only tank that has just the basic led in the lid that you get with the kit, i plan on getting glass lids and getting a new light for it. I am waiting for the aquarium co op light to release for obvious reason. My question is should i go with 1 48 in light or 2 of the 24 in lights since the tank has the center brace. Pic is the 55 after a recent rescape

20221020_220604.jpg

On 10/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, Papagoomba said:

My question is should i go with 1 48 in light or 2 of the 24 in lights since the tank has the center brace. Pic is the 55 after a recent rescape

You're much better off with the 48" light because you want it supported on the ends of the tank and not the rim. Making it for the brace means you'll spend a lot more time sitting there moving lights around and they will be lighter, move around easier without much effort, and likely fall in. 

In a perfect world, you get the 48" and suspend it from the ceiling or something. But yeah.... Absolutely recommend the longer light.