Here to learn

Verstft

Hey everybody,

After a few rounds with Bettas, I finally got a 10 Gallon community tank for my daughters. Since i'm doing most of the work (all), I figured I'd say hi and start to learn from the people on this forum.

Here's a picture of our new tank.

Cheers,

Vers

Tank_01.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Are those real plants in the background?

Nope. Focused on learning how to keep the new tenants alive first. But I could definitely see myself getting another tank and learning how to keep the plants alive as well!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:23 PM, Verstft said:

Nope. Focused on learning how to keep the new tenants alive first. But I could definitely see myself getting another tank and learning how to keep the plants alive as well!

Good plan.  I get about as much enjoyment from the aquatic plants as I do the fish and shrimp.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:57 PM, PerceptivePesce said:

I noticed your water line is low in the pic... What's going on with that? Are you growing some non-emersed plants, or floaters or something? Maybe drilling a hole for some equipment? 

Nope fake plants only. It's a little low in the picture. I usually keep around 1 - 1 1/2 " from the top. I Usually fill all the way to the waterline on my heater. Actually i've noticed a lot of people putting the heater horizontally in the center back. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, smm333 said:

Welcome! Pretty tank. Is that a honey gourami I see? My honey gourami, Mil is one of my favorites! 

Yes. Honey gourami with a school of neon/ember tetras. I plan on maybe adding 4x Pygmy Corys eventually if the bio load isn't too much.

• Like 1