Getting Aquarium Co-Op Products Shipped Internationally...found an option?

Bill Smith

Hi all:

I was reading a post this morning about someone lamenting that they couldn't get AC products shipped to them outside the U.S., and so I hit Google, wondering if there were forwarding services out there for individual consumers, who could re-mail them outside the country. Turns out there are.

Now, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, and I am not interested in promoting any particular service (just helping the community get some crucial products), but as an example, I found a service called "USA2Me" (Google it) that does exactly this. It gives you a U.S.-based mailing address, and then allows you to forward a package to yourself outside the country.

Of course none of these services are cheap, but I imagine it could be worth your while if your order is big enough! And of course there's no way AC could possibly guarantee any such orders, so that's a risk you would have to take.

Anyone tried anything like this? Maybe too cost-prohibitive or risky?

Bill

• Administrators

We have customers that do this, however we don’t offer support. It can take a long time to have things forwarded. Also know your customs laws as things get seized. Also we can’t provide documentation for import. So do it at your own risk and ask the company before hand what you would need and if you will be able to provide that before ordering. For instance we won’t have the chemical break down of dechlorinator sand such, and can’t help you get it.

This is the only reason I'm sad the Canadian border is still closed. I'm close the the border and would routinely get things shipped to a parcel service in Blaine WA. Easy to drive down and pick up.

I'm almost out of the fry food and want more of the sponge filters.