Bucephalandra Velvet Tricolor

It's a dangerous thing to have a fish store next to a venue my son takes a study course at. For 45 minutes, I can wander the aisles gazing into lovely aquascapes, ogling over fish & axolotls and other aquatic goodness. Yesterday as I was waiting for my son to finish his class, I spontaneously purchased a buce velvet tricolor plant. 

I was told its care is on par with an anubias and a great beginner plant. Currently it's placed on the bottom of my tank. It's roots are so tiny I can't anchor them with the gravel. Can I just let it sit there until the roots take hold? Both my anubias plants had roots long enough to put gravel on top of. 

IMG_20221018_002556330.jpg

• Like 1

I just got my first aquarium plants a week ago.  They are all epiphytes; java fern, anubias, and bolbitis.  Buce is also an epiphyte (I ordered one but the vendor was out of stock and gave me a refund.)  

I used superglue to attach my plants to rocks which was much easier than trying to tye them down with thread.  I used a medium viscosity cyanoacrylate super glue.

Also, I just wanted to say I really like your Wizards of the Coast themed tank. 🧙‍♂️

• Haha 1