Glass Topper Suggestions

Erik

I'm assuming Aqueon. I'd recommend you just get the normal versatop lid or make your own. 55G should (SHOULD) come with the thicker glass pieces.  If it doesn't that's a no go then. (let me see if I can confirm for you).

Yeah.  It's not the thicker glass it looks like:

Dimensions

24.6" x 1.2" x 5.2"

Pack

1 Piece

Fits Aquarium Size

15, 20 High, 30 Extra High, 33 Long, 40 Long, 55

Because it's not as long of a run as the 20L, I think you'd be ok.  Just know it's not going to be as robust as going to a glass shop and it's going to be equivalent to the glass you'd find in a hardware store.  You might be able to get the 75G kit (comes with both lids in one kit) and then cut those to what you need if you feel comfortable doing that.  It would be the EASIEST way to have robust lids with higher quality glass.

For reference, this is the 75G kit:

28.2" x 10.2" x 4"

Pack

2 Piece

Fits Aquarium Size

75, 90

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 10/13/2022 at 9:22 PM, Erik said:

yes its an Aqueon 55gal tank with a seperator bar in the middle so would that mean I need to get two 24inch tops?

Yep. Correct.  If you have very hard water, I'd recommend getting the Top fin branded 24" long lids.  Verify dimensions of course, but this is why.  I did not have this issue on my 75G lid, I did have it on my 30" long and 10G Lid.  It does NOT mean that the top fin is better. It's definitely worse quality.  You just might need to replace the hinge after a little bit.