20 Gallon High Stocking Ideas?

Barbellover

I'm planning on setting up a 20 gallon High (24x16x12) with a high o2, planted, brook/river type biotope.  

Heres my current stocking plan:

6 Dwarf Neon Rainbow

3 Borneo Sucker Loach

1 Sumo Loach

1 Bamboo Shrimp

1 or 2 Sulawesi Rabbit Snail

How does this sound? I've always wanted to try sumo loach but have heard they can be micropredators, how would one be with the inverts in a community tank like this?  Also I have heard having too many sumo loach can cause aggression without adequate territory/hiding spaces, but will a single 1 do ok by itself?

Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome :)

On 10/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, Barbellover said:

I'm planning on setting up a 20 gallon High (24x16x12) with a high o2, planted, brook/river type biotope.  

Heres my current stocking plan:

6 Dwarf Neon Rainbow

3 Borneo Sucker Loach

1 Sumo Loach

1 Bamboo Shrimp

1 or 2 Sulawesi Rabbit Snail

I've never heard of a sumo loach! I am intrigued.  If you have wood, I would consider a clown pleco in there too 🙂 .  For the borneo loaches, I think you'll do better with 4-6 as opposed to 3.

I don't know if there is a high risk of the snails taking over, but I would definitely try to keep the population low so that the other fish do well.  Borneo's can be pretty unhappy with high nitrates.

The only issue I see is that the bamboo shrimp and loaches would generally prefer cooler temps.  I just mention this as a means to say, please verify on the compatibility of everything you have selected.  If you are going for a cooler water tank (70-74 range) then I would also add in some kabutai rasboras as well.