How many guppies can I safely bag?

Razberry910

I have a lot of guppies to sell at a local auction. Maybe somewhere in the range of 100-200 adults plus any juveniles and fry that get netted. I have 10inch x 22bags. How many adult guppies can I/should I put in each bag. The club limits entry's to five of each species. I imagine the fish will be in the bags a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 12hours. I was thinking 30 adults per bag. I'm doing daily 40% water changes until the auction and I'll stop feeding the day before. Any information and suggestions are helpful and welcomed. 

• Sad 1

I would think for a bag of that size 30 adults would be a completely reasonable amount. Personally, before I ever ship fish (same general idea) I always fast them at least 2 days and be sure to add just a tad extra Prime (or other ammonia detoxifier). This negates most of the ammonia issues for the time they're expected to be in the bag, though if you wanted to throw in a piece of the ammonia blocking sponge it definitely wouldn't hurt. As far as oxygen goes for that amount of time as long as you have somewhere around 50/50 air to water I wouldn't imagine there'd be any problem! If you wanted to go one step further and bring them in a cooler with an airstone and bag them there there's also that option, though admittedly more work and much heavier.

As for a wholesaler and how to get in touch with them I'll be waiting to see who chimes in because I am up to my eyeballs in fish and could definitely use some advice as well, lol!

On 10/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, Razberry910 said:

I have a lot of guppies to sell at a local auction. Maybe somewhere in the range of 100-200 adults plus any juveniles and fry that get netted. I have 10inch x 22bags. How many adult guppies can I/should I put in each bag. The club limits entry's to five of each species. I imagine the fish will be in the bags a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 12hours. I was thinking 30 adults per bag. I'm doing daily 40% water changes until the auction and I'll stop feeding the day before. Any information and suggestions are helpful and welcomed. 

I would watch an unboxing video and see how many guppies in the bags. Probably way more the 30 but itd be good to get sn idea of whats typical.