What size quarantine/hospital tank?

Suzie

Hi friends!

My show tank is just about finished cycling, and I'm getting ready to purchase the quarantine/hospital tank. What size would you recommend? I was thinking 10 gallons: Petco has the dollar a gallon going, so it's a good deal. I'm pretty new to the hobby, so any advice you can lend would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Suzie

2 hours ago, Suzie said:

Hi friends!

My show tank is just about finished cycling, and I'm getting ready to purchase the quarantine/hospital tank. What size would you recommend? I was thinking 10 gallons: Petco has the dollar a gallon going, so it's a good deal. I'm pretty new to the hobby, so any advice you can lend would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Suzie

I thought this was helpful.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robin said:

I thought this was helpful.

I thought this was super helpful too!  The graduated markings on the side are a good idea!  When I watched the video, I wondered how she went about making those marks.  The easiest thing I could think of was just adding a gallon of water at a time and making the mark.   We have limited space, so I love the idea of a tub that can hold all of the supplies in between uses.

13 hours ago, ForestJenn said:

I thought this was super helpful too!  The graduated markings on the side are a good idea!  When I watched the video, I wondered how she went about making those marks.  The easiest thing I could think of was just adding a gallon of water at a time and making the mark.   We have limited space, so I love the idea of a tub that can hold all of the supplies in between uses.

If the sides are fairly vertical then gallions / height (in inches) = gallons per inch (roughly).  This is assuming a bare bottom.

Edited by Kevin
spelling, blaming my keyboard this time!
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I just use one of these, the x-large is about 5 gallons so you can just divide medication in half if you don't need a whole 10g for the fish. I kept the box it came in and store it, a sponge filter, small heater and air pump with it so its always ready to go in case I need it.

spacer.png

Edited by pedrofisk