Rinse Brine Shrimp?

JessicaK

I use a DIY brine shrimp hatchery system with a large bottle. After they hatch, I use a lamp to shine on the side of the bottle and just siphon them out with a turkey baster. To collect them, you can buy a cheap brine shrimp net like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Shrimp-Special-Artemia-Hatchery-Random/dp/B08F36FLJT/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1SAIGK9UV5RAV&keywords=brine+shrimp+net&qid=1664926287&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjE3IiwicXNhIjoiNC4zNSIsInFzcCI6IjQuMjEifQ%3D%3D&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=brine+shrimp%2Cpets%2C350&sr=1-7

You can also rinse them in these nets, but I rarely ever do it because the amount of salt I would be adding to my aquariums is negligible. 

You can also get some of the cheaper brine shrimp hatcheries out there other than the Ziss hatchery if it's too pricey. But I agree that you could also use frozen adult or baby brine shrimp. 

I don't rinse, and I freeze what I don't feed. It probably more faff than its worth for one fish. 

I would try buying frozen first and see how that goes.

My Betta has no interest in brine shrimp so I'd hate for to invest in all the stuff to find out your fish would prefer pellets.

My Betta does enjoy frozen bloodworm I defrost a cube and feed it over two days  keeping it in the fridge.

What is your fish maybe there is a better food option

The tiny little bit of salt you would move with the brine shrimp (assuming you're netting them or using a strainer) is inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. Salt isn't deadly to freshwater fish. Not in anything close to a normal quantity anyway. The brine shrimp likely have a greater salt content inside them than on them, so you don't really need to rinse them. If you have chlorinated water, the rinse water could even be more harmful than the saltwater you bring over with unrinsed shrimp. If you have a small tank and you dump in a hatchery full of shrimp and saltwater daily, and never do water changes, that would be bad. 

For a single fish in a tank, using frozen food is smarter. If you buy the blocks of frozen food, you can just uncover one corner of it, wave it in the tank water for a few seconds for a few pieces to float off, then pull it back out and wrap it in plastic wrap and back into the freezer with the rest. You can get a lot of control over how much you're feeding in that manner.