Any fellow aquarists in Switzerland?

TheSwissAquarist

I’m not Swiss, but I’d love to visit one day 😉 I remember becoming interested in the country when we were learning about Francophone countries in school (in Canada). I thought it was so cool that it had four official languages. 

The red and white colour scheme for a flag is pretty awesome 🇨🇦🇨🇭

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 11:29 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Agreed, the language thing is quite fun, but it is very annoying when you're on a school camp in the Italian speaking part🙃.

I take it that your Italian is not your strongest language 😂 But I know what you mean… it was so hard for me to understand Quebecois French in Montreal when I was used to speaking Parisian French in school. Which of the other languages do you mostly speak in your part of Switzerland? 

On 10/4/2022 at 7:32 AM, AnimalNerd98 said:

I take it that your Italian is not your strongest language 😂 But I know what you mean… it was so hard for me to understand Quebecois French in Montreal when I was used to speaking Parisian French in school. Which of the other languages do you mostly speak in your part of Switzerland? 

I'm in the French speaking part, but I've lived in the German part for a long time. The boundary between the two is known as the 'Röstigrabe': the rösti ditch. 

(Rösti : Swiss dish made of finely chopped potatoes fried in rapeseed oil served with a fondue.

• Like 1