About a year-ish ago I had some of my Cory's lay eggs and to keep them safe I decided to have one grow up in my Shrimp tank. But now I'm just wondering if after a year if I should move him back since I'm afraid I might be stunting its growth. It had some strange white blotches on his "skin" but after a year and no side effects I'm assuming he must have just been a hybrid of the albino and bronze cory.

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it would be a good move to switch him from a 10 gallon to a 20? He would be with his family and more of his kind. I'm just afraid the change might kill him after so long in the shrimp 10 Gal.

Will try to find a better photo of him if you guys need it since you can't really see all that much of him here.

20221002_160001.jpg

On 10/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I don't see a problem with moving him, he should be happier with more fish about.

I raised one in a vase (accidental hatching) then moved to a 5gal then to 60gal no issues

Alright, just wanted some second opinion since I'm afraid of losing the little guys.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, giantlumberjack said:

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it would be a good move to switch him from a 10 gallon to a 20? He would be with his family and more of his kind. I'm just afraid the change might kill him after so long in the shrimp 10 Gal.

I think either way you're fine.  It would be best to put him back in the school though.

The photo doesn't show much. Perhaps you want to try to snap another one if there's something you're specifically trying to demonstrate.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:31 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Corydoras are group fish, so it’s best to move him ASAP

On 10/3/2022 at 3:02 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I think either way you're fine.  It would be best to put him back in the school though.

The photo doesn't show much. Perhaps you want to try to snap another one if there's something you're specifically trying to demonstrate.

Will try to move him slowly via a breeding box first. Make sure he;s adjusted with the water, feed him a little ect. By the way, here are some pics of him, the waters a bit dirty but that was because I just moved him from the shrimp tank and trying to catch him made a LOT of movement.

20221002_185740_HDR.png

20221002_185747.png

20221002_185812_HDR.png

20221002_185846.png

20221002_185908.png

20221002_185948_HDR.png

• Like 3

On 10/3/2022 at 9:23 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hopefully doing well. Does the one that you moved have the same size and body shape as the other Corys or do you see deformations?

Not sure, he/she is obviously smaller and.. dumpy-her?(Compact?) Than the other ones the same age. I do see a bit of a curve backtail at times but I'm not sure if its just me or what. Either way it does not seem to have impacted it negatively so...? If I can catch a good picture of it I will post it here. Its just been a day so we will have to see but from what I could see this morning everything looked well.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 6:45 PM, giantlumberjack said:

Than the other ones the same age. I do see a bit of a curve backtail at times but I'm not sure if its just me or what.

Yeah, it sort of looked like that but I don't know if it's just normal or not. Some corydoras have a pretty specific body shape that can be misconstrued as a deformation. Specifically the ones that get longer like the emerald Corydoras or aenus corydoras. Some have a straight line for their bone plates others have a bit of an S curve.  Totally could be that some of the ones I've seen and my black corydoras in my journal are deformed, but it's something to look at.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:33 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Yeah, it sort of looked like that but I don't know if it's just normal or not. Some corydoras have a pretty specific body shape that can be misconstrued as a deformation. Specifically the ones that get longer like the emerald Corydoras or aenus corydoras. Some have a straight line for their bone plates others have a bit of an S curve.  Totally could be that some of the ones I've seen and my black corydoras in my journal are deformed, but it's something to look at.

I will keep an eye on it and report back.

• Like 1