Need HELP / Yellow Leleupi Tanganyika Cichlid

daster36

I have a tank with Yellow Leleupi and multies. My issue is I have way too many babies, like 50 Yellow Leleupi babies. My question is should I get a group of Calvus ? What's more wrong culling them or using a natural control ? My other question is will they eventually grow big enough to eat the adult multies ? ( the multies have yet to spawn  I think because the huge influx of the yellow Leleupi) 

55g tank, rocks, tons of shells, ocean sand and eco complete, wet-dry filter and medium aquarium coop sponge filter and a good amount of Java fern and a struggling amazon sword. Aquarium coop test strip read good and no deaths. 

Thanks from me if you can help me in my decision 

Culling is always emotionally hard to do in my opinion. However I would say getting a more natural solution like getting more fish isn’t too bad of an idea. I’m not familiar with these species of fish so I can’t answer your question about their sizing. I would try your shot with possibly giving some away?? I know aquarium coop will take fish on Mondays and Tuesdays if you email their store email and they will usually take something off your hands If it’s in good condition. Store credit even. If your not local maybe try LFS?? If all these aren’t options than I would definitely say go with them more natural solution just because I know how hard culling can be on some people…. Unless you think you can handle it. Everyone’s different but I’ve always struggled with it. 

Edited by Hally M.