Jeff Member Interview

Odd Duck

@Jeff You’re being interviewed!

1.) Favourite fish?

2.) Least favourite fish?

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber?

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber?

5.) Favourite food?

6.) What fish would you like to be the most?

7.) What was your scariest moment?

8.) What country do you want to visit the most?

9.) Cats or dogs?

10) Describe yourself in 3 words.

11) Pancakes or Waffles?

12) What is your favorite song?

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why?

14) What is your favorite TV show?

15) What is your greatest fear?

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why?

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types?

18) Do you love or hate pest snails?

19) Do you enjoy gardening?

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby?

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you?

22) Burgers or Pizza?

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal?

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby?

25) Favorite candy?

26) What is your favorite book?

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby?

• Like 1

1.) Favourite fish? Fresh: Discus / Salt: Clownfish

2.) Least favourite fish? African Cichlids and monster fish

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber? Cory

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber? I honestly don't watch any YouTubers other than fish related. I'll look up old funny YT videos occasionally; but that's the minority.

5.) Favourite food? Lobster

6.) What fish would you like to be the most? I honestly don't know. Maybe a Molly? Since they can adjust to brackish, salt, and fresh...?

7.) What was your scariest moment? Flying on a plane a couple of days after 9/11.

8.) What country do you want to visit the most? Australia

9.) Cats or dogs? Fish? I have a dog - and I do like her. She's great. She really is. But man...dogs are A TON of work. 

10) Describe yourself in 3 words. Laid-back, happy, optimistic

11) Pancakes or Waffles? Waffles by a landslide

12) What is your favorite song? Billie Jean

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why? That a lot of people don't consider fish as pets, and fishbowls still being sold in stores.

14) What is your favorite TV show? It's a tie: Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Nathan For You

15) What is your greatest fear? That the seams will burst on my tank, and explode - like it did with Cory's tank with Hank. 

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why? Relationship management. It applies to every day life; not just in careers.

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types? Yes. Anubias, Crypts, Bacopa, Banana Plant, Pennywort, Aponogeton Crispus, Aponogeton Ulvaceus, Amazon Sword Compacta, Java Fern

18) Do you love or hate pest snails? They're part of the ecosystem. I don't understand the dislike for them. 

19) Do you enjoy gardening? Nope

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby? Three things: learning about it, all the planning that's involved with setting up a new tank, and when your tank is 'humming'...aka - it just looks great, it's got seasoned tank time...fish and plants are healthy, there's nothing to tweak....when your tank has found it's mojo....you just KNOW...a really great feeling. I have this going on with my tank right now. 

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you? Trying different tank situations without spending the time researching before I did it - and just throwing money at it, and expecting it to work. It taught me that you can't just do something you think is right, before researching the pros and cons first.

22) Burgers or Pizza? Pizza. I enjoy them more, and it's much easier to grab a pizza and bring it home to eat. Not as easy with burgers. Burgers also don't taste as good heated up in the microwave for leftovers. I really can't find anything wrong with pizza. 

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal? Whales. I've been whale watching a couple of times. The thrill when a whale jumps is like nothing else I've ever experienced. Seeing a Blue Whale in person someday is at the top of my bucket list.

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby? A non-livebearer community planted tank between 150 - 200g. Just a boatload of all kinds of smallish - medium sized community fish. Tons of movement, and tons of color. Tetras, Hatchets, Rainbows, Rasboras, Cories, Danios, Barbs. 

25) Favorite candy? It's a tie: Twizzlers Creamsicle, Mambas, White Chocolate Kit-Kat

26) What is your favorite book? Freakonomics

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby? I've got two kids. I honestly don't have much time outside of the hobby, and working. Any extra time I have, I'm either watching Fish-tubers, or playing Pinochle online. 

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 4