Best Fish/Invert photo competition.

These are the Gold form of Heterandria Formosa / Florida Least Killifish. Their hunting instincts are sharpened today because they got to chase after baby brine shrimp earlier. 😛 I wish I had a phone with better quality because these things pop. 

image.jpeg.768e3ba9aa2b429417488985ec5e9e5e.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

My final submission isn't too much different from the last (and once again not the best photo), but I'm sharing because I'm super hyped from it! It's my first H. Formosa fry!! Picture taken from above because I found it while removing some duckweed from my Riccia. It's about a quarter inch. These guys have a unique birthing pattern where the female will be pregnant with multiple babies in different stages of development that get dropped over time rather than all at once, so there may be more on the way!

IMG_20221004_120318.jpg.0ea1ed624515168a6301e5a5676e46ff.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

The winners of the Autumn C.A.R.E Forum Fish picture contest are:

In first place, with a whopping 49 points; Fish Folk! Congratulations on winning 4 bars of Swiss chocolate!

In second place, with 38 points, Tolstoy21!

3 bars!

In third place with a respectable 31: Jwcarlson! 2 bars!

Fourth with 28 points and 1 bar : Henry C

The random member you wins 2 bars is: (I put names in an online shuffle thing) Lisathewulf! She joined recently.

@Fish Folk, @tolstoy21, @jwcarlson, @HenryC and @LisaTheWulf: I shall message you privately and determine any potential allergies while posting the prizes to you.

It has been a pleasure to organise this and I shall do another one around Xmas.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...