What is THIS???

BAT

@Chick-In-Of-TheSeasorry for the delayed response! We had a sump pump and a furnace failure in the same week here! 

The snails are doing well. I do frequent water checks and keep the food and calcium coming. I might have seen 1 or 2 of the aquarium glass raised ones, but I am not sure because they are small.

I am wondering when i move the largest group out of its breeder box? See pics.

also- i asked my LFS and one of the employees said that I could donate them. I was kind of surprised that I wouldn’t get even a few dollars of store credit for them. Does that seem odd? I was going to find the manager next time i am in the store.

9F540D41-DAC6-4C7A-8A0A-37D429930E89.jpeg

B1662368-880A-44EF-BCEB-A1AF7E068123.jpeg

On 9/17/2022 at 6:37 AM, BAT said:

I raised my tank lid and was like what?!?!

See pic

I suspect snail eggs. I have 1 mystery snail and a bunch of bladder snails. But I have never seen this. 

06612CC6-2C1B-46F1-A101-22ABA58C23DF.jpeg

The visual of that makes me want to vomit lol. I can’t handle it!

• Haha 2

On 11/5/2022 at 11:01 AM, BAT said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSeasorry for the delayed response! We had a sump pump and a furnace failure in the same week here! 

The snails are doing well. I do frequent water checks and keep the food and calcium coming. I might have seen 1 or 2 of the aquarium glass raised ones, but I am not sure because they are small.

also- i asked my LFS and one of the employees said that I could donate them. I was kind of surprised that I wouldn’t get even a few dollars of store credit for them. Does that seem odd? I was going to find the manager next time i am in the store.

On the Lav’s snails YouTube channel she moves them out when they are peppercorn or pea sized. Here’s the size when I moved mine out. About the size of a piece of corn.

40A81E61-0B5E-4865-8F40-0DD8662E3CC8.jpeg

993A3BEF-91A3-4F97-ACAE-D52830E8964B.jpeg

561EDACB-3EB7-44BF-81B2-3B9847AB2013.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 11/5/2022 at 10:01 AM, BAT said:

My LFS owners said the same thing when I asked them a few years ago. Still bummed, but I've been looking into local swaps as an alternative.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:47 AM, drewzero1 said:

My LFS owners said the same thing when I asked them a few years ago. Still bummed, but I've been looking into local swaps as an alternative.

Same here. 
So I posted a free ad on the Nextdoor app and sold them to hobbyists near me for $1 each. I charged money because I didn’t want people getting a bunch of free snails to feed to their turtle, or their puffer fish, etc. Also I gave each new owner a care sheet and a little bit of food and cuttlebone.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:01 AM, BAT said:

I do frequent water checks

That’s awesome! Great job! 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, BAT said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSeawhy do they line up at the top? See pic

Any reason in particular?

59D24240-4B1F-49F8-80EA-5A0F4E96DC4B.jpeg

They want to breathe some air. Did you just do a water change? Do you have any parameters that are off? Or there could be something on the surface they want to eat.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, Guppysnail said:

Strips do not show nitrite until 1 ppm. There may be some limiting air. Check your airlines and filter flow. Move the water and keep surface agitation. If you do not have an airstone or sponge filter add one. 

Also water conditioners like prime and such reduce available oxygen. 

Thanks @Chick-In-Of-TheSeaand @Guppysnail!

Funny you mentioned it - I did stir up stuff the other day when I was moving them out of breeder box and I did a gravel vac. I have an air stone. I will turn it up. Just changed the water. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 2:19 PM, BAT said:

Thanks @Chick-In-Of-TheSeaand @Guppysnail!

Funny you mentioned it - I did stir up stuff the other day when I was moving them out of breeder box and I did a gravel vac. I have an air stone. I will turn it up. Just changed the water. 

If the stuff was stirred up from the other day it would have settled by now. Probably  parameters. The airstone was a great idea.