What is THIS???

BAT

What else do you have in the tank? My first thought was pleco eggs, but they usually like to lay in caves. On the lid would be weird, but not impossible. Mine crawled up into my AquaClear twice last month and laid eggs, so if there’s a will, there’s a way…

Edited by B1gJ4k3
  • Like 1

mystery snails egg clutch sac  in a closeup photo the eggs  look bigger i took a photo of my first eggs to show my family 

I do not keep any of my eggs I have to control the population i just remove it and freeze it then  break it up and throw away but  freeze before throwing out .. or some  people breaks apart and put in the tank and  have the fish to eat eggs but i freeze it  to be sure no babies gets through and hatch 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, The Killer of Fish said:

They are asexual so they don’t need help. 

These are not asexual. A common mistake because they can store sorry for an amazing 10 months. So folks get 1 girl, end up with eggs and think asexual. They are completely sexually dimorphic. Those are definitely mystery snail eggs.  Check out you tube for mystery snail egg hatching. I use Rachael O’Leary’s method. She gives answers to all the great questions you asked @BAT

• Like 3

On 9/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, BAT said:

That means I got a pregnant snail from the LFS! I feel like they are the baby mothers now! Lol

Time to file for child support!  LOL!!!

On 9/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, anewbie said:

also not sure if they will lay unfertilized eggs

They can.  My single gold female did NOT lay unfertilized eggs though.  I got a bunch of cute little mystery snail babies that hatched out of the eggs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, BAT said:

Do you all thing the fact that I raise and lower that side of the lid is going to be a problem?  Should I switch the lid around so these are on the back side?

If you plan to hatch them you should not leave them on the lid. Eggs left on glass have a lower survival rate because they usually slide off and fall into the water OR they don’t receive the proper humidity (meaning the shells get too hard for the babies to chew out). Instead you should float a snail incubator in your tank. It’s a tupperware with a few holes poked in the lid with a pushpin, and then you put a damp (tank water) paper towel on the bottom , a dry paper towel on top of that, and then your eggs. Put lid on. About 1-4 weeks to hatch.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 6:16 PM, BAT said:

I did notice some goo dripping from the blob

No big deal. That happens sometimes with handling. Not to worry. Doing it this way is much more effective than chancing it on the glass. Now just add the lid to the container, once you’ve put a few small holes in it with a pushpin or tip of a pen, something like that.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1