How many Mystery Snails is Too Many? And do you want some free Mystery Snails?

meadeam

I have probably 50+ mystery snails across three tanks.  They are all part of a clutch that hatched before I could remove the eggs.  I am consolidating down to a single 36g tank.   Right now the 36 has about 20 snails in it, which isn't overwhelming, but I don't think I want to add the rest.  I could probably due with less than 20, really.  Other inhabitants include red cherry shrimp, black neons, harlequin rasbora, cories, a pleco, and some black mollies.  I'd like to add some more tetras and/or rasbora, and a few more cories.  

If you want any golden mystery snails I will send them to you free of charge.  I'll need to learn how to ship them properly, but I assume it is even easier than shipping fish.

When feeding snails enough to keep them healthy but nitrates rise to quickly it’s to many. How many plants and emergent plants you have varies this number.  If you are not supplemental feeding (I do not recommend this) then how many enough leftovers can feed. 
It is very easy shipping mystery snails

Here is one video. There are several. 

• Love 1

The snails came from a very heavily planted tank with tons of emergent growth, but this will be trimmed back and more fish will be introduced.  I don't think I can continue putting the amount of algae wafers and blanched veggies in to feed this many snails.  Plus it occasionally makes the water small awful for a few hours.

Thanks for the shipping instructions.  Hopefully somebody needs some snails.  I've got mine in a rimless tank now, so they can't hide their eggs behind the frame anymore.

Edited by meadeam