Can I have a green phantom pleco and female bristlenose pleco in the same 125 gallon aquarium?

Gannon

At Aquashella I went home with a very nice baby L333 pleco. It's been in quarantine for a while and I'd like to put it in my 29 gallon aquarium soon. However, my female super red bristlenose pleco is in there. The only tank I could move her in is the 125 gallon aquarium as I assume she will be territorial with this little pleco in the 29 gallon. But my 125 has a 3-4 inch green phantom pleco. Will they get along in that kind of space or is it just a bad idea? Thanks for any help and advice! 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, OutBout said:

That's plenty of space for two small-ish plecos. I've kept a green phantom, vampire, and red cactus pleco together in a 55 gallon. All were 2-3 inches. If you have hiding spots, good filtration and/or plant mass, it should be fine.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

125 would be your best bet just make sure you have an over abundance of caves and feed in multiple locations so as to minimize disputes.

Pleco disputes usually are just flairing and sizing eachother up I’ve never seen them actually inflict damage

Will this remain okay when they get to be adults? I've been told before juvenile plecos are much more accepting than adults and adults are much more territorial. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, Gannon said:

Will this remain okay when they get to be adults? I've been told before juvenile plecos are much more accepting than adults and adults are much more territorial. 

Adults should be fine as well in a 125g. There's plenty of floor space for them to have their own territories.

• Like 1