Anubias Barteri leaves have holes in it and turning yellow even with fertilizer added

Have been using the Easy Green All-in-One Fertilizer in my 40 gallon tank(1-2 times per week) but recently my Anubias Barteri has holes in the leaves and is turning yellow. 

Water params: Did a water test on the aquarium water and all the params NO3, NO2, CL2, GH, TAL, KH, PH looks good. I am in North CA and our tap water is hard.

Tank light: I am using the AQUANEAT LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light 6500k 

Any idea what could be wrong with my tank setup?  Do I need to further increase the dosing of the fertilizer? 

Thanks!

WechatIMG742.jpeg

I agree that’s its a K deficiency but I make my own. I used this 

I have hade so much better luck with it. The potassium is the same electrolytes people drink. I got mine on Amazon. It’s used to make your own Gatorade type drink. They made this for us football players in college to drink. It only to thinks the KCl and distilled water. Make sure to only use distilled or you can have unwanted reactions that will cause settling and binding to elements in regular water and no RO water is not ok to use.   I can help with the chemistry if need but it’s pretty easy. 

Edited by rockfisher
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, CiderLovesFish said:

Have been using the Easy Green All-in-One Fertilizer in my 40 gallon tank(1-2 times per week) but recently my Anubias Barteri has holes in the leaves and is turning yellow. 

Water params: Did a water test on the aquarium water and all the params NO3, NO2, CL2, GH, TAL, KH, PH looks good. I am in North CA and our tap water is hard.

Tank light: I am using the AQUANEAT LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light 6500k 

Any idea what could be wrong with my tank setup?  Do I need to further increase the dosing of the fertilizer? 

Thanks!

WechatIMG742.jpeg

Hi @CiderLovesFish

That looks more like physical damage rather than a nutrient issue.  If it was potassium the holes would not be so tightly 'grouped', the edges of the plants looked chewed on.  I would suspect a fish or snail.  Plecostomus, snail, Silver Dollar, goldfish, Oscar, etc?   Something with a rasping mouth maybe . 

• Like 1