Eeep it's a bargain but...

Flumpweesel

So killing a bit a time before bed and looked at the second hand listings for local tanks and a crazy bargain of 1000l tank and stand appear.

It has been used for marine is it an issue switching tanks to fresh?

It also has a sump and I'm slightly intimidated by those (unfamiliar with them).

Currently no idea if it will even fit in my house I'll have to get rid of furniture.Screenshot_2022-09-11-22-51-57-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.1a5625c97f4fcf092d5aa6ae7a0a4094.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

It should but no issue changing to freshwater. Just a good rinse to get any salt out. The sump is not bad. If I could run a sump on every tank I would. I’m not sure how the sump  is set up but they are not bad at all. Some salter sumps are more than a freshwater tank need but it’s not to much either. I would change out the filter material in the sump. I know there is a video of @Cory making a sump and setting up the filters. That may help, there are lots of YouTube videos and lots of different ways to do and most are ok. If it’s on the second floor make sure that it can hold the weight. Just the wate to fill it would be around 2200# or 1000Kl.

Edited by rockfisher
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, Flumpweesel said:

So killing a bit a time before bed and looked at the second hand listings for local tanks and a crazy bargain of 1000l tank and stand appear.

It has been used for marine is it an issue switching tanks to fresh?

It also has a sump and I'm slightly intimidated by those (unfamiliar with them).

That thing is beautiful.  You'd want to sterilize the bacteria out, but yes. you're fine to convert it.  You can even use the sand if you really wanted to.

• Like 1