Finding fish/plants without social media.

Bucket

First off I'm new here(first post) sorry if this a common question. 

Basically I don't have/use any social media. Craigslist is meh. Don't have any friends in the hobby. I know there are clubs but don't know much about them. I live in Tacoma Wa if that helps. 

Thanks in advance I guess. 

Just now, Bucket

First off I'm new here(first post) sorry if this a common question. 

Basically I don't have/use any social media. Craigslist is meh. Don't have any friends in the hobby. I know there are clubs but don't know much about them. I live in Tacoma Wa if that helps. 

Thanks in advance I guess. 

First off welcome to the club and secondly if you don’t have use the social media how did you find out about the app through YouTube thirdly what kind of fish do you keep there’s a lot of knowledgeable people here I’m sure they will start to answer all of your questions

@Bucket Online. I get 100% of my plants online. Fish, I'll also order online occasionally if I'm looking for something specific. 

I find out about everything--what is what, care instruction, best places to buy just by reading a lot online and watching you tube.

I also have no social media presence (this forum is the extent of it currently), don't have friends in the hobby, and don't attend fish clubs (no time for that really -- kids, work, etc.) 

If you don't have social media, local fish stores, not sure how far Tacoma is from Seattle, but I hear there's a nice selection out there, including the one hosting this forum. Also, down in Portland there is several. 

Otherwise, online, there is a lot of sellers online, I could recommend some but I think it goes against forum policy. But you can also check out places like aquabid

I limit my social media as well and have had the best luck using my state's AquaSwap on Reddit for local trades. My last "local" choice is a LFS ~2hrs away from me with an obscenely good plant selection compared to my local stores, but I only really go to treat myself for something really special.

I've also purchased from eBay sellers  and the Co-Op. The main limitation from shipping is that until recently temperatures were 90+ daily and many plants ran the risk of damage. Some plants also don't ship well which limited what I could get through online purchase if I want to maximize my success.