Crushed coral

k0olmini

What fish are you keeping? 6.5-6.8 is a fine pH.

Also it’s all the same stuff so just get the cheapest and toss it in. Once the pH, Kh, and gh has stabilized the coral will drastically slow down in it’s dissolve rate.

personally I just toss in a wonder shell every few months to provide calcium carbonate for my snail friends.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:07 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

What fish are you keeping? 6.5-6.8 is a fine pH.

Also it’s all the same stuff so just get the cheapest and toss it in. Once the pH, Kh, and gh has stabilized the coral will drastically slow down in it’s dissolve rate.

personally I just toss in a wonder shell every few months to provide calcium carbonate for my snail friends.

Im trying to keep praecox rainbows but been having trouble. 

I know crushed coral raised PH, GH etc....  I've heard Cory state aquarium coop has it in the holding tanks for plants at the warehouse.  Wondering what the benefit for plants is.  Could this be something that helps me with stem plants?  I cannot keep stem plants alive, at least bacopa, rotala, and ludwigia always die off on me, but things like pogostemon steallatus octopus, Mexican oak leaf, sag grass and valisneria all do pretty well for me.