Underlying issue or just how he is made?

EVoyager31

The top of my oranda’s dorsal fin folds over a little bit at the top. He has been like this since I got him, he sat in hospital for two weeks (with paracleanse and Maracyn) and eats and swims normally (very energetic).

Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned with or if its just how he made? I don’t see anything else that is off about him.

edit: He does have black at the tip of his dorsal, its color not damage. 🙂

p.s. Named “Punk” because his dorsal reminds me of the scene/punk kids from when I was in school 😂

9B9B1208-D39D-4EEF-AFBF-52FDECEB1A05.jpeg

Edited by EVoyager31

Punk is super cute. I loves him!  Great pattern!

There is an oranda listed on goldfish Island who's whole dorsal is flopped over.  They note it in the description and he's maybe $10-20 dollars cheaper than a perfectly formed gf his size.  But he has awesome markings, a cute face, and seems to zoom around just fine in his swim vid.  I'd totally get him if I had my tank ready.

https://www.goldfishisland.com/product/thai-oranda-sakura-3-5-4-inches-0827to00sa354ta1u1/

Anyway, my point is, it's just the way he was born. ❤

On 9/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, PerceptivePesce said:

Punk is super cute. I loves him!  Great pattern!

There is an oranda listed on goldfish Island who's whole dorsal is flopped over.  They note it in the description and he's maybe $10-20 dollars cheaper than a perfectly formed gf his size.  But he has awesome markings, a cute face, and seems to zoom around just fine in his swim vid.  I'd totally get him if I had my tank ready.

https://www.goldfishisland.com/product/thai-oranda-sakura-3-5-4-inches-0827to00sa354ta1u1/

Anyway, my point is, it's just the way he was born. ❤

Don’t do this to me! I am WEAK when it comes to buying goldfish.. overstocking has me doing many water changes and I just added a second canister filter to the 75G to help keep up!

• Haha 2

I would not worry about the dorsal fin being bent over a little. It may have been injured at some point, or it just grew that way naturally.

One of my orandas has a similar bent dorsal fin but it doesn't affect him at all. He behaves and eats normally. 

StanF 

• Thanks 1