Badis badis (Chameleon fish) / Melina (Bandit) corydora Adventure

Guppysnail

I wish there was more to update. Three of them each claimed a corner. Number 4 is like this ⬇️ This guy11F5D6A8-C1C3-4B86-8AF2-3832DA604C5A.jpeg.6af93b9b2456631c4fdb67ee939e8afe.jpeg

Its the big boy Jaws. When he naps he goes to the corner behind the ugf tube. He sleeps vertically with his nose pointed straight up or straight down. Scared me at first. He is very healthy and active and FAT  just odd. He does not fit in the territory he chose so he made adjustments 🤣 Can you see why they have the nickname FAT FACE
ADB0498A-0705-459A-9D41-0863F8F36A22.jpeg.999005946bb7ecd30335e54a1c5c0443.jpeg

They turn red and red fins. I’ve not yet seen blue. They hang in their shaded areas during lights on leaving only to hunt down food. They are most active after sundown (window tank) and just room and emergent plant lights on. 
Very wonderful and move almost like eels. Maybe to young for mating or maybe all boys. Though I don’t think so. The one I thought was a girl looks very different than the others. Her territory is most hidden so she comes out when it’s to dark for photos. 

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 1:38 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I’m not all to familiar with this species. 
How do they spawn?

I’m not that familiar with them either. I had the opportunity to get them and thought they were cool. Internet says female lays on chosen area and male guards them until hatch. 
This would be my second spawn —-I think? I had a male in the back corner not leave the area he was guarding for almost a week. I did not see any resulting fry though. 

• Like 1