Hi from Cincinnati

JamieB513

Hello all. Brand new to fish since we were given a “free” female betta a few weeks ago. We knew we would want to move her out of the one gallon tank she came in, so now we have set up a new 29 gallon tank. We plan on adding other betta friendly fish as well. Right now we’re still in the confusing cycling process but I think we’re getting close to adding a few fish. We look forward to exploring the group! 

D61AF237-CA78-4B63-A51E-1A4F9823EC4A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 9/8/2022 at 9:24 PM, FishPlanet said:

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions here!

And PS, your tank is lovely!

Thanks, I appreciate the offer! I might take you up on it if I have water balancing questions. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:36 PM, anitstuk said:

Welcome to the forum! Some good fish to go with the Betta could be Harlequin Rasboras or Ember Tetras..

I also want to say your aquascape looks nice!

Harlequins and rummynose tetras are what we were thinking. I’ll look into the Embers. 

Welcome @JamieB513  your tank  looks very pretty   love the stones and welcome to the forum  and  fish keeping you will love the place very friendly and helpful members   I have learn a lot on my own  by trail and error but have learn lots more since I been here . thanks to the members 

it only takes one fish to get you hooked many years ago  I babysat for 1 gold fish for Mom suppose to be for 2 weeks vacation  .. she brought him in a small bowl ..  She  refused to take him home ,, and  so I bought a bigger tank for him and  I got attach to him and the fish hobby.LoL  😂 . Now I have bigger and 2  tanks and 1  quarantine tank and more fish and snails LoL .. Been to Cincinnati 4-6 times  i am in West Virginia,,

i had a 29 gallon for 13 years and  loved it is a nice size to work with  not to big but the right size gave the 29 gallon  to my great nephews for their first fish tank when i got a bigger tank ,when i moved to a little bigger home , 

Best wishes on the cycle  it takes time but worth the wait and if you run in trouble ask away  there is some amazing fish keepers  here 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, StockEwe49 said:

Tank looks great! Welcome! What type/color is your betta?

I’m not sure, she’s a blue color betta. Haha 

Here is a picture of her in her current 1 gallon tank that she came in. 

F866AA0A-E7E2-4AF6-8EFA-5B19723FBD8B.jpeg

On 9/9/2022 at 2:42 PM, John Henry said:

Glad to have you onboard @JamieB513,  spent most of my life in Cincy before moving to TN.  I understand you have an aquarium club (society) now that you might want to look into.

Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea there was a fish club in town. It looks like I’m way on the other side of town from where they meet, but I’ll check them out for sure. Thanks again! 

• Love 2

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I think I’m ready to add my first fish to the tank. Would adding 8 rummynose tetras be too much at one time? My local fish store will be getting an shipment in tomorrow. If they all look ok I’ll probably grab them on Tuesday night or Wednesday after work.
Thanks for all the help!