Neat Video About Bloodworms

PineSong

I really enjoyed this. I like many of the videos "the Dave" produces. Like said in the video, I have experienced some mixed results depending on the species. My NANF seem to thrive on bloodworms. HIKARKI brand is my preference too. I have a small rash on one hand that seems to get aggravated when I get it wet in water with bloodworms -- I wonder if I've got a slight reaction going on. I find that my Apistos and Rams indeed struggle with too many bloodworms. To balance, I like the effect of baby brine shrimp to help fish pass hard-to-digest food through their system.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, Fish Folk said:

I really enjoyed this. I like many of the videos "the Dave" produces. Like said in the video, I have experienced some mixed results depending on the species. My NANF seem to thrive on bloodworms. HIKARKI brand is my preference too. I have a small rash on one hand that seems to get aggravated when I get it wet in water with bloodworms -- I wonder if I've got a slight reaction going on. I find that my Apistos and Rams indeed struggle with too many bloodworms. To balance, I like the effect of baby brine shrimp to help fish pass hard-to-digest food through their system.

I've had livebearers passing what looks like whole undigested bloodworms the day after feeding, and having trouble doing it, huffing and puffing at the top of the tank. This only happened a few times but it made me afraid to feed them because I do have a lot of very small fish. I now alternate between frozen baby brine shrimp and frozen brine shrimp with spirulina, which haven't caused any problems that I have observed.

When I observed the size of the mosquito larva I allowed to happen in a bucket for the pond fish, I noticed they were much smaller than the frozen bloodworms and I wondered if when bloodworms happen naturally in nature they would be eaten by fish at a smaller size than the size they are sold. I'm not sure of the brand I bought as I threw them away, but I got them at Petsmart. Maybe the Hikari brand are smaller in diameter?

• Like 1