Aquarium Co-Op Heater

BettaBabe94

On 9/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, SinfulBetta94 said:

Does the new heater stay at the temperature you set it at, even after it loses power? Or do you have to reset it every time?

You have to reset it if it loses power or is unplugged unless your setting is 78 like my tank.. that’s the default temp for the ACO heater

On 9/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, FLFishChik said:

You have to reset it if it loses power or is unplugged unless your setting is 78 like my tank.. that’s the default temp for the ACO heater

Mine stays the same after unplugging. It would be horrible if it reset to 78 after a power failure.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, Cleveland M said:

Mine stays the same after unplugging. It would be horrible if it reset to 78 after a power failure.

How does yours stay? I initially had mine at 79 but it kept defaulting to 78 after I unplug it for water changes. So I just leave it on 78

It just does. I thought maybe I was wrong so I just went and flipped off the power strip for a minute and then turned it back on . 75 blinked rapidly several times then stayed solid which is what I have it set for. Heat light stayed on for about 30 seconds then went off so it holding at the 75 set point.

Edit: I have a second one, let me go check that one.

2nd Edit: That one had been unplugged for over a week so I had to get it in some water before I plugged in. 77 blinked rapidly a few times then stayed solid with no heat light on. Hit the set button and see that it is still set to 75. So must be something wrong with yours. As I said it would be horrible to reset to 78 as I'm sure we both could see reasons someone may have it set to 70 or even 68 and a short power failure causing the tank to go to 78 could be bad news.

Edited by Cleveland M

On 9/1/2022 at 7:05 PM, Cleveland M said:

It just does. I thought maybe I was wrong so I just went and flipped off the power strip for a minute and then turned it back on . 75 blinked rapidly several times then stayed solid which is what I have it set for. Heat light stayed on for about 30 seconds then went off so it holding at the 75 set point.

Edit: I have a second one, let me go check that one.

2nd Edit: That one had been unplugged for over a week so I had to get it in some water before I plugged in. 77 blinked rapidly a few times then stayed solid with no heat light on. Hit the set button and see that it is still set to 75. So must be something wrong with yours. As I said it would be horrible to reset to 78 as I'm sure we both could see reasons someone may have it set to 70 or even 68 and a short power failure causing the tank to go to 78 could be bad news.

Well dang! If I needed it to be at a much higher or lower temp, I’d ask for replacement… but since it’s set where I actually need it… why bother😂

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, SinfulBetta94 said:

Does the new heater stay at the temperature you set it at, even after it loses power? Or do you have to reset it every time?

So, I was wrong. Apparently it’s only me that has this problem! I do apologize, I thought having to reset after unplugging it was the norm!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, FLFishChik said:

So, I was wrong. Apparently it’s only me that has this problem! I do apologize, I thought having to reset after unplugging it was the norm!

I would contact co-op for a replacement anyway.  Heaters acting weird make me nervous - especially if you don’t use a controller (like inbird) for additional safety.

• Like 1

Mine stays the same after power failure and works fine with inkbird. If the power is out for awhile and tank temp falls it displays the actual tank temp but as the tank warms it destabilizes to my original setting. 
I am currently running 8 ACO heaters and this holds true for all of them. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:26 PM, FLFishChik said:

Maybe try picking a different temperature and then unplugging it to see what it does? If it is faulty then it might be a good idea to say something just to give them a heads up.