Weird Spot on Ember tetra

Zodiak246

On 9/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, Colu said:

A little information would be helpful what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite etc how long has the fish had the mark on its side have you notice any odd behavior is it eating ok 

ph 6.6, ammonia 0, nitrite0, nitrate 10. I havent seen it until recently hiding in the back corner. it moves just fine but doesnt move as much us the other fishes. will move when there is food. its only on one side of the body

Edited by zodiak245

It could be caused by heater burn or it's badly scraped it side I think the best course of treatment would be to quarantine and treat with Aquarium salt 1 table for 5 gallon and a course of maracyn2 in food as the active ingredient minocycline has anti-inflammatory properties and will cover against any possible secondary bacteria infection 

IMG_20220714_201455.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, Colu said:

It could be caused by heater burn or it's badly scraped it side I think the best course of treatment would be to quarantine and treat with Aquarium salt 1 table for 5 gallon and a course of maracyn2 in food as the active ingredient minocycline has anti-inflammatory properties and will cover against any possible secondary bacteria infection 

IMG_20220714_201455.jpg

do you happen to have the names of products that have maracyn2? I live in canada and some products are hard to find.