IAPLC aquascaping contest results

Patrick_G

I saw the ADA channel had something about this. I'm glad that they have all the photos and stuff, that's awesome.  I always get excited by the titles, but then the videos are 1-3 minutes long (typically) 😞 .

@Patrick_G Do you happen to know if there is any video where they discuss how they judge the tanks? What parameters go into all of this apart from visuals?  It would be interesting, I'm not sure if it exists, but to have something similar just sorted by various style categories and then see a video like this for each one!

(#78 is my favorite so far, #74 has a very intense hardscape, in such a good way!)

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 8/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Do you happen to know if there is any video where they discuss how they judge the tanks? What parameters go into all of this apart from visuals?  It would be interesting, I'm not sure if it exists, but to have something similar just sorted by various style categories and then see a video like this for each one!

The presenters discuss that in the video, at least the basics of how they judge is covered. It’s between Mrs. Amano’s greetings and the point where they show the tanks. 210D81A9-D1DA-4EE1-8F32-A13AB548AD01.png.9180850b54ce21840be3205c386c00fc.png

@Ryo Watanabe might have more info since he’s made some high ranking scapes. 

On 8/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Ryo Watanabe might have more info since he’s made some high ranking scapes. 

That's awesome! I'd love to hear more.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, Patrick_G said:

The presenters discuss that in the video, at least the basics of how they judge is covered. It’s between Mrs. Amano’s greetings and the point where they show the tanks. 

Ah, very cool! I might not have gotten to that part yet.  I was thinking in my mind about how some judges view different things and interpret the weight of things a certain way.  There are some "points you need to hit" that they want to see, etc. 

It's really interesting to see the pattern / variety of all of these tanks.  Even what tank sizes seem to pop up specifically.  #16 is amazing! (just popped up).

I'll try to find the part you mentioned! Thank you 🙂

Edited by nabokovfan87