Breeding Neon blue Rasboras, sundadanio axlerodi

jaron

Does anyone have any experience breeding sundanio axlerodi the neon blue rasbora? They are my favorite nano fish. I have a school of about 20 and I'd love to breed them. I haven't been able to find much info on them.

• Like 1

Neon Blue Rasboras love heavily planted tanks and cover so make sure to provide plenty of that. They also don't like high intensity light and light staying on for too long. Make sure to keep the water parameters perfect with your water hardness under 5 dGH. Feed lots of food (mostly frozen food) and try not to stress them out.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Have you bred them? I'm guessing the fry are too small to start on baby brine and need infusoria. Do you happen to know how long it takes for eggs to hatch and last question how do you tell your females from your males. Thanks for your reply

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 1:43 AM, jaron said:

Have you bred them? I'm guessing the fry are too small to start on baby brine and need infusoria. Do you happen to know how long it takes for eggs to hatch and last question how do you tell your females from your males. Thanks for your reply

My grandpa keeps Arowanas and many different breeding/community tanks. Unfortunately, if you wanted advice from him, you would have to learn Indonesian XD. I think that you have to feed the fish fry green water or infusoria and I think it takes up to 1 week for them to hatch. 

Edited by anitstuk
  • Love 1