One of my aquariums seems to be drip drip dripping

KittenFishMom

I think one of my aquarium is leaking what is the best way to find and fix the leak, or is it better to put new sealant everywhere? Should all the old sealant be removed first? It is a tall 10 gallon hex, so I would rather fix it than pass it on for a mouse home. I was trying to find a replacement and didn't see any 10 gallon hex tanks out there.

Thanks much.

is the tank glass or acrylic? if it's glass there's no real way to repair a leak besides replacing the seals entirely silicone doesn't really stick to dry silicone so you have to remove all of the silicone clean  it really well then replace the silicone some people just put a small amount over the hole but that's not a permanent fix at all for acrylic i don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If worse comes to worse you can replace the panel. I would remove and reseal the tank. If you find the leak is in the glass you can easily remove the bad panel or two  and resale the panels. There are some videos on how to built a new glass aquarium can help, but it is very easy and a rimmed tank is very easy. Lowes may even have the glass you need and they cut glass. The other box’s store does not.

• Thanks 1