Wild Caught Fish

swivvr

I had this question for a while and finally decided to put it up here. If a fish you bought is wild caught and looks healthy, should you deworm it or treat the fish proactively with the med trio? Or deworm them after the med trio?

i think it would be in the best interest of the fish to proactively quarantine and med trio any fish not just wild caught. This is a highly debated topic, so this is just my personal opinion without getting to in depth. Fish diseases are a complex science and based on what I know about them, have experienced, seen and heard about first and second hand, I feel it’s a good practice to quarantine, medicate and acclimate everything that joins your fish room. It’s not ideal and some will argue things like don’t sell sick fish, why medicate something that shows no symptoms, creating medicine resistant strains of illnesses etc. but personally, I just treat them, insure they are healthy and won’t negatively effect things I already have, give them in my opinion there best chance at health and happiness and I don’t think twice about it. Just got done treating a wild caught fish earlier this week I just got, he looked healthy, but I will say and I’m only using this example because it’s very recent, a few days into medicine his personality changed even more so for the better and his appetite seems healthier as well as his visual appearance. Long story short I don’t think eighter choice is wrong, this is just my thoughts, hope this helps…

• Thanks 1