Quarantined goldfish fin issues

kdiel1129

So...I'm new to the hobby.  Sunday I added four juvenile goldfish to my 15 gallon, cycled quarantine tank.  Watched them until 5pm yesterday.  There were no obvious signs of illness.  I decided to start the med trio to err on the side of caution.  Tank conditions at the store were lacking to say the least.

This morning I woke up to three of them having spots on their fins.  And now I'm not sure what my next steps should be.

Water test results:

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 0

GH - 40

KH - 120

pH - 8.0

Chlorine - 0

Temp hangs out between 73 and 73.5 with no heater being used.

The black moor seems a little sluggish but the others seem to be normal activity wise.

I have more of the med trio, maracyn Oxy and aquarium salt on hand.  No salt in the tank currently.

Thoughts?

Resized_20220823_155727.jpg

Resized_20220823_160452.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Resized_20220823_154916.jpg

Resized_20220823_160704.jpg

I don't think that ich the active ingredient in maracyn oxy is sodium chlorite  is a highly concentrated salt derivative I would finish a course of that and monitor them closely for a week and I would add an extra air stone as medication can change the viscosity of water lowering the levels of desolve oxygen 

On 8/23/2022 at 6:27 PM, Colu said:

I don't think that ich the active ingredient in maracyn oxy is sodium chlorite  is a highly concentrated salt derivative I would finish a course of that and monitor them closely for a week and I would add an extra air stone as medication can change the viscosity of water lowering the levels of desolve oxygen 

I'm sorry....I wasn't clear.  I dosed the tank with Ich-x, ParaCleanse and Maracyn (not the oxy version).  I bought the Maracyn Oxy not realizing it was different than the regular Maracyn at the time.  Decided just to keep it on hand "just in case".

I'm running two air stones and two large sponge filters.  The sponge filters are not running at full strength because the fish are so small.

The little guy with the white bump now has clamped fins.

Was thinking to add a low dose of aquarium salt.  But I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea since the other meds are currently in the water.

On 8/24/2022 at 12:43 AM, kdiel1129 said:

I'm sorry....I wasn't clear.  I dosed the tank with Ich-x, ParaCleanse and Maracyn (not the oxy version).  I bought the Maracyn Oxy not realizing it was different than the regular Maracyn at the time.  Decided just to keep it on hand "just in case".

I'm running two air stones and two large sponge filters.  The sponge filters are not running at full strength because the fish are so small.

The little guy with the white bump now has clamped fins.

Was thinking to add a low dose of aquarium salt.  But I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea since the other meds are currently in the water.

What I would do is water change out the medication as they could be having a reaction to the medication and add 1 table for 2 gallons of aquarium salt for 1 week