Guppy fin rot

Robinowitz

AD8CC2AE-55C5-4274-A19E-248020DCCC3F.jpeg.9145258b056279994e9b8f0209e10c75.jpegThis Blue Grass male is losing his tail.  I’ve treated him for 10 days with both Maracyn and Marycyn Two at the same time.  (5 days, 30% water change on 6th day then another course for 5 days.  50% water change two days ago and returned filter with charcoal to neutralize the AB’s.  Nitrogen cycle is shot from AB’s but am testing daily with API master kit.  Using prime and stability as needed per testing.  He’s in a 10 gallon tank with one other male and 5 females.  None of them show signs of any problems.  What do I do next for this guy?  Want to isolate him in another 10 gallon tank and treat him alone but don’t know what to treat him with.  He’s not lethargic, eats normally and I see no signs of fungus on him anywhere.  Any suggestions?   

Edited by Robinowitz
Add picture

Salt, and water changes every day would be my suggestion. You can try a different med, or just do a course of Maracyn 2 by itself with the salt and water changes. (Mixing 2 types of meds for bacterial infections is is generally not recommended, and can sometimes stress the fish, which won't lead to recovery.)